Head lice are contagious, annoying, and often difficult to get rid of. Head lice bites can irritate and itch the scalp, and scratching the bite can lead to illness. Head lice, on the other hand, do not transfer any diseases that are life-threatening. It’s crucial to cure head lice as soon as you notice them because they’re contagious and rapidly move from person to person.
Head lice have very little to do with personal cleanliness.
This means that if you come into contact with someone else’s lice-infested head, you may contract head lice. This can occur during sports, parties, and other events.
Sharing personal objects used on the head, such as hats, hair accessories, and hair brushes, with someone who already has head lice is another possible way to obtain head lice. Because head lice require a blood meal every 12 to 24 hours to thrive, they cannot survive for more than a day away from a human head.
How to get rid of head lice properly in Nigeria is explained in this post.
Here are possible options for getting rid of head lice:
- Check for head lice in other members of your family.
- Hugging and other forms of intimate contact should be avoided.
- Most people have had head lice for a long period by the time they have a confirmed case.
- Items worn on the head, such as hats and pillowcases, should be washed in hot water.
- To avoid re-infestation, your entire family may need to be treated.
- Although head lice transmission from inanimate things is uncommon, sanitizing your entire house is an option.
Also, think about cutting your hair.
To survive, head lice require a human host and blood. Cutting your hair short may appear to be a drastic measure, but it is a viable one. It is a considerably more efficient method of dealing with head lice, as it destroys their environment.
An over-the-counter (OTC) head lice treatment, usually in the form of a shampoo, is your first line of defense against head lice. Examine the active substances in the product you’re considering. The stage of head lice that it kills is also indicated on the product.
Pyrethrins are an active ingredient in some over-the-counter head lice treatments.
Other ways to get ride of head lice properly
- Oil used as a carrier (such as olive oil, coconut oil, etc)
- To clean your Nit comb, use a clean cloth.
- Tea Tree oil, Rosemary oil, Eucalyptus oil, Citronella oil, and Peppermint oil are examples of essential oils.
- If you use too much of any of these oils, they might cause hair breakage and scalp irritation.
- Conditioner – Condition your hair well until it is as soft as possible, so it will be easier to straighten after blow-drying.
- Neem oil is really beneficial.
Cap for the shower. Get yourself a shower cap or a plastic bag that you can tie around your head securely. As a result, the essential oils can be kept inside.
- To carefully comb through your hair, use a nit comb.
The first step is to apply oil to your hair.
Apply a mixture of carrier oils and essential oils to your hair. Wrap for at least an hour, preferably more. You can also spend at least 30 minutes under a dryer.
Step 2: washing the oil
After you’ve washed your hair, make sure to condition it correctly. Allow the hair to air dry for a few minutes before straightening it.
Step 3 – Getting rid of lice
Pick your hair in small bits with the nit comb and combing method, and go through your hair while gently combing it, especially if your hair is natural. It’s important to keep in mind that natural hair does not smooth out as easily as relaxed hair. Be kind with yourself. This is the most critical stage because you’ll be attempting to comb out the lice. As a result, don’t rush and take your time.
When you’ve combed your hair at least three times without finding any head lice or nits, you’re ready to stop.
Step 4: Thoroughly clean your tools
Lice, as previously said, cannot thrive on inanimate items. They can’t survive long without the warmth and blood flow that the head provides, thus they’re unlikely to be found on combs and pillows. However, it is a good idea to wash anything that has come into contact with your hair.
Repeat these instructions at least every 2 to 3 days for a 2-week period for optimal effects.