Do you want to learn how to borrow data from Airtel when you run out of data? Sometime the need to renew our data plan emerges when we don’t have money or we can ‘t get credit either from our bank account due to network challenges. You can borrow data as many times as possible as long as you are within credit limit.
If you have run out of data on your phone and do not have airtime to purchase a new bundle, how to borrow data from Airtel or other mobile networks shouldn’t be a problem. MTN, 9mobile, and Airtel offer data loan services to customers who have been active on their networks for at least 3 months.
For Glo, the active period required is 4 months. In addition to that requirement, such customers should have an average monthly recharge of ₦200. If you have the requirements afore-mentioned, you will only be able to loan data from the network.
The good news is that Airtel Nigeria one of the most popular mobile operators in the country has unveiled how subscribers can reload their phone for data at times of emergency and pay back on next recharge with 15% service charge. This service is known as Airtel Credit Loan Service
In this post we’ll show you how to borrow data from Airtel Nigeria, one of the most popular mobile operators in the country, but remember before borrowing from Airtel you have to be eligible to borrow.
Note: you are required to keep your line active for at least three consecutive months with airtime recharge and usage for each month. This will determine your eligibility for the service also You cannot receive a new airtime data loan without paying your current airtime or data loan.
How to check if you are eligible for Airtel Credit Loan Service?
Subscribers can check eligibility through *500#. Ineligible customers who try to use Data CLS will be prompted to recharge at least N100 monthly to qualify
How to Borrow data or MB from Airtel
To know how to borrow data from Airtel or you call it MB, you need to do the following:
- On your airtel mobile phone, Use USSD codes: *500# or *121#
- Choose option 3 for Borrow Data
- Choose the amount of MB you’d like to borrow from the options.
- 10MB goes for #50, 50MB for #100, and 200MB for #200.
Simply dial *500# and select 3 for Borrow Data
You can also borrow data by dialing : *500*50# for N50 airtime *500*100# for N100 airtime *500*200# for N200 airtime *500*500# for N500 airtime.
How to Be Eligible to Borrow Data on Airtel
1. To qualify for Airtel Credit Loan Service or Borrow data, you need to be an Airtel Prepaid Customers with registered SIM
2. Customer’s will be considered based on monthly recharge frequency and average spend
3. You have to paid up any previous loan and associated charges
Who can use Data Airtel Credit Loan Service?
To Use Airtel Credit Loan Service you have to eligible prepaid customers to enable you use the Data CLS
How to borrow airtime from Airtel
To further understand how to borrow Airtime from Airtel, you need to be on The airtel service WHICH IS called Airtel Talk Time Advance. It enables you to keep talking when you run out of credit at the most unexpected moment, so this service gives an opportunity to make urgent calls.
- Dial *500#
- Then Choose option 2 for Borrow credit
- Choose the amount of credit you’d like to borrow from the options.
How much can I borrow from a telecom network?
The amount of data you can loan depends on how much your monthly is and your credit history with the mobile network. This means that the more you recharge and the more you use the loan service, the more data you can borrow.
The least amount you can borrow from either MTN, Airtel, Glo or 9mobile is 25MB. Other loan options include 50MB, 100MB, 500MB, 1.5GB, 2 GB, and more.
How long will the data loan last?
The data loan comes with expiry dates. The expiry dates for loans are always shown alongside loan options. Some loans are valid for only a day, some for 2 days, 3 days, 5 days, or 30 days.
If you do not exhaust the loan before the expiry date it will no longer be available for use but you will still have to pay back your network provider the full value of the loan.
How do I pay for the data I borrowed?
The data loans have respective airtime values. When you want to pay your network provider for the loan, it is this airtime value that will be deducted from your airtime balance. The repayment of loans is always automatic. Your network provider will deduct the airtime value of your data loan upon your next recharge. If your next recharge is not equivalent to the amount you owe, the entire top-up will be credited to your network provider and the remaining balance will be automatically deducted upon your next recharge.
Is there a transaction fee for borrowing data from Airtel or other networks?
Your mobile network provider is not offering you these loans for free. Each loan is issued with a service fee. In Nigeria, the service fee for the networks is the same—15% of the airtime value of the data bundle. This means that, when it is time to pay back, your network provider will deduct the airtime value of the data and 15% service charge.
How Do I borrow data from 9mobile?
If you use a 9mobile sim, you can borrow data by following these steps:
- Dial *665#.
- Select “Borrow Data”. The network will display on your device screen the bundle that you are qualified to borrow.
- Choose the data loan of your choice.
- Follow the prompts to confirm your loan.
How to borrow data from MTN
- Dial *606# and select XtraByte.
- You can then select your preferred data plan from the list of available data loans.
- Choose your preferred data plan and confirm the transaction.
How to borrow data from Airtel
- Dial *500#.
- Select the option to borrow data.
- A list of data bundles you qualify for will pop up. Select the bundle of your choice.
- Confirm the transaction.
Who is eligible to borrow data from Airtel?
- You must be an Airtel prepaid subscriber with a registered sim.
- They consider subscribers based on how often they recharge their mobile phones and average spend.
- You also must not have any outstanding loan on any previous loan transactions with Airtel.
How to borrow data from Glo
- Dial *321#.
- A prompt will ask you to choose to borrow airtime or borrow data. Select the borrow data option.
- A list of data bundles you qualify for will pop up. Select the bundle that works for you.
- Follow the prompts to confirm the transaction.
What is Airtel Credit Loan Service?
Airtel Credit Loan Service allows you to borrow data when you run out. This is a perfect solution to reload your phone for data at times of emergency and pay back later. 15% service charge applies.
|Data Loan (MB)||Bundle Price||Validity (Day)||Amount You Pay Back (NGN)|
Who Is Qualified To Use Airtel Credit Loan Service?
- Airtel Prepaid Customers with registered SIM
- Customer’s will be considered based on monthly recharge frequency and average spend
- Customer who have paid up any previous loan and associated charges
Airtel is one of the foremost telecoms network companies in Nigeria and they are growing every single day! Day in, day out, they are growing very fast and this is due to the amazing offers they provide for their customers. Amazing offers including, cheap call rate, cheap data price, fast network speed, borrow me credit/data, bonuses and others!